I can’t remember the last time I use my vacuum cleaner to clean the whole house, I only use them for the stairs and spots my robot vacuum can’t reach. Vacuum robots are hot and become smarter (app support, mapping rooms etc) and cheaper in price. After the iLife A4, Alfawise z8077k and still my favorite Xiaomi, it is time for a new player in town. The Alfawise V8S Pro. It’s my first robot vacuum with mopping functionality. So vacuum and mop my house when I’m away from home. And it has support for Google Home and Amazon Alexa out of the box. Sounds great, let the cleaning begin!
When you are browsing the web and searching for a Robot Vacuum with the model number ‘V8S’ you will also find an iLife vacuum, is this a coincidence or is the Alfawise V8S a rebranded iLife robot vacuum? It is not, but I can imagine this can cause some confusion. I don’t know why Alfawise choose to use the exact same model name because it’s a total different vacuum.
- 1 Specifications
- 2 Expectations on the Alfawise V8S Pro
- 3 Packaging
- 4 What’s in the box
- 5 Features
- 6 Test
- 7 Alfawise V8s Pro compared to my other robot vacuums
- 8 Complementary Products / Alternatives
- 9 pro / cons
- 10 Price quality and Verdict
- 11 Where to buy?
Specifications as stated on Gearbest:
- Brand: Alfawise
- Model: V8S PRO E30B
- Accessories Types: Dustbin,Filter,HEPA,Mopping Pad,Remote Controller,Rolling Brush,Side Brush,Water Tank
- Material : Others
- Cleaner Types: Vacuum Cleaner
- Function: Dry,Suction,Sweep,Sweep Suction,Vacuum,Wet,Wet and Dry
- Feature: Auto,Mop,Remote Control,Schedule,Self Charging,Small,Wet
- Remote Control: Yes
- Remote Controller Power Source: 2 x AAA batteries ( included )
- LCD Display: No
- Camera/Video: No
- Schedule Function: Yes
- Self Recharging: Yes
- Virtual Wall: No
- Cleaning Area (sq.m.): more than 150
- Floor Types: Carpet,Ceramic Tile,Marble Floor,Shag Carpet,Tile Floor,Wood Floor
- Dust Box Capacity: 600ml
- Water Tank Capacity: 350ml
- Suction (pa): 1800Pa
- Noise (dB): less than 65dB
- Power (W): 30W
- Input Voltage (V): 100 – 240V
- Working Time: 100 – 120min
- Color: White
Expectations on the Alfawise V8S Pro
We have some very good experiences with the brand Alfawise but also some less good experiences. But in general, the brand is getting more mature and products are getting better. The last Alfawise Robot Vacuum we tested was pretty decent and performed well. We expect the Alfawise V8S Pro to be more advanced than the Alfawise XK8077 (because it’s connectivity and features) but less then the highly praised Xiaomi Robot Vacuum.
- Product weight: 2.7000 kg
- Package weight: 4.1000 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 33.00 x 33.00 x 7.60 cm / 12.99 x 12.99 x 2.99 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 47.00 x 40.00 x 14.00 cm / 18.5 x 15.75 x 5.51 inches
What’s in the box
The Package contains the following:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Side Brush (2x),
- HEPA Filter (2x),
- Microfiber mop (2x),
- Charger base with adapter,
- Remote controller with 2 x AAA Battery.
- A Clean Brush
Alfawise V8S PRO E30B cleans your home smarter. Control it with Smart Life App or your voice, it supports Google Home and Amazon Alexa, make it sweep and mop the floor when you are not home.
- Smart mopping with App controlled water quantity, clean thoroughly without water leaking.
- Supports Google Home, Amazon Alexa voice control and Smart Life App control, hands-free smart cleaning.
- Equipped with Epson gyroscope navigation, auto path planning, S-shaped cleaning and intelligent omission repair.
- Equipped with ARM chip, faster operation and programming, remember the room after one cleaning
- Multiple infrared sensors, intelligent anti-drop, anti-collision, easy obstacle-crossing, difficulty-free and winding
- Brushless motor with 1800Pa suction, specially designed V-shaped side brushes, carpet supercharging mode, designed for better cleaning
- Auto go back to recharge when the power is less than 20%
- Quiet operation because of the noise reduction sponge, maximum noise 65 dB, mopping noise only 30dB
- 7.6cm thin, easily clean the dust under sofa, bed and other furniture
- 2500mAh Lithium-ion battery, 350ml big tank and 600ml dust box, one-time clean 150 square meters
- App: Smart Life
When everything is unpacked, place the vacuum on the dock to charge.
The installation is pretty straightforward:
- Double tab the Power button on the vacuum to enter WiFi mode (so you can configure the vacuum in the app)..
- Open the Smart Life app from Tuya (scan the QR code that’s in the manual or search in App store/Play Store),
- Add a device: Vacuum cleaner, confirm fast blinking, and complete the WiFi details of your current network.
- App is connecting and after that the vacuum starts automatically firmware updating.
This process took me less than a minute. You are now ready to use the robot.
Tuya smart life app
Alfawise did not create an own App to control the V8S Pro but uses an app from Tuya. This is very wise choice because Tuya can handle devices from a large amount of brands, models and also can control smart devices like lights, switches etc. Their goal is to get everything connected in a single app.
The robot has an ARM chip and an Epson gyroscope to scan, process and map the room so it can determine a complete and optimal cleaning pattern. The visualized map doesn’t look very detailed, but the robot does a good job in making an efficient cleaning path through the room. It has three power modes and different cleaning modes. The power modes are Low, Normal and High. After experimenting with these I keep it on Normal. As you can expect High makes a lot of noise and Low leaves some dust behind. The operation mode I always use is Auto mode. There are also Edge Cleaning and Spot Cleaning modes which works if you have very dirty edges or spots. You can also use the remote control, but I really prefer the Auto Cleaning mode. After all the Alfawise V8S pro is the expert. You can let the vacuum do its thing. It will automatically return to its dock once it is done or runs out of battery and because of the sensors it will not bump into things or fall down the stairs.
Their are components that look like a dust bin, but one of them is not a dust bin. Instead of containing dust, you have to fill it with water and place a pad underneath to mop. The robot knows that it must mop the floors when inserting the component below.
This robot can map the room, but if you check out the mapping that is made and visible in the app it looks awful. It looks like a 8 bit map of a dungeon in a video game :P. But doesn’t come close to my room. We do not know if the map is being used by the robot or not.
Build Quality & Design
The robot feels solid, is completely white except for the docking station. The way you click new sweepers on it, is brilliant, no screwdriver needed. There is one button on the robot you only need to activate wifi, after that you probably never use that button or remote. because voice, or the mobile app is the way to go.
Heath / Power consumption /Noise
In the auto mode the robot cleans until its almost empty or the job has done, Because he is doing this job on his own I haven’t recorded the time, but I see he never misses a spot.
Alfawise claims that the max noise is 65dB but we cant check, Its more silence on normal mode then my other robots and when mopping its almost no sound. Alfawise did a very good job here.
Home automation compatible?
Alfawise does not have there own app and that is a very good point! Why? It uses a app from Tuya: Smart Life. That way it has out of the box support for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. But tuya is also supported in Home Assistant. For now not all kind of devices are supported but this is a matter of time. The goal of tuya is connect everything to everything and be open!
So activate cleaning with your voice is a nice feature.
Alfawise V8s Pro compared to my other robot vacuums
This is my cheapest but most completed robot vacuum.
is was the xiaomi robot vacuum because of his smart functionalities like mapping and support for home automation. But the Alfawise V8s is cheaper, has mopping functionalities, a very open app and clear English voice feedback. So my new favorite is the V8s, sorry Xiaomi.
Complementary Products / Alternatives
pro / cons
- Nice design
- Clear english voice and documentation
- Mop function
- Great app support
- Good price
- Quality of mapping visualisation is poor
- No virtual walls or in app no clean zone support.
Price quality and Verdict
As mentioned before, the Alfawise V8S Pro became my new favorite Robot Vacuum. I was surprised by its quality, the app support and the mopping functionality. For such a good price it is a real deal. And if you are looking for a good but cheap vacuum check out the discount code below and save more money and get yourself a nice smart vacuum robot.
Where to buy?
Coupon discount code for the Alfawise V8S ProNo coupons found.