- 1 Bluedio T5 Wireless Bluetooth Headphone with Microphone and Active Noise Cancelling
- 1.1 Intro
- 1.2 Specifications
- 1.3 Expectations
- 1.4 Packaging
- 1.5 Features
- 1.6 Build Quality & Design
- 1.7 Heath / Power consumption /Noise
- 1.8 Usability
- 1.9 Sound Quality
- 1.10 Alternatives
- 1.11 pro / cons
- 1.12 Price quality
- 1.13 Verdict
- 1.14 where to buy?
Bluedio T5 Wireless Bluetooth Headphone with Microphone and Active Noise Cancelling
A while ago we reviewed the predecessor of the Bluedio T5 Wireless Bluetooth headphone, the Bluedio T4S. We were very surprised by the quality of both the sound and the material. With the T5 Bluedio introduced a successor with slightly better specs.
The specifications as can be found on Gearbest:
- General: Brand: Bluedio // Function: Answering Phone,Bluetooth,HiFi,Microphone,Multi connection function,Song Switching,Voice control,Voice Prompt // Material: Metal,PU Leather // Model: T5 // Type: Over-ear // Wearing type: Headband
- Product Details: Application: Gaming // Charging Time.: 2h // Compatible with: iPhone,Mobile phone // Connectivity: Wired and Wireless // Driver unit: 57mm // Frequency response: 15Hz~25KHz // Impedance: 16ohms // Music Time: 25h // Sensitivity: 116dB // Standby time: 1000h // Talk time: 25h
- Extended Function: Bluetooth: Yes // Bluetooth distance: W/O obstacles 10m // Bluetooth mode: Headset // Bluetooth protocol: A2DP,AVRCP,HFP // Bluetooth Version: V4.2
- Battery Information: Battery Capacity(mAh): 650mAh Li-ion Battery // Battery Type: Built-in
Our expectations are high: we tested the T4S and know how good the sound quality can be. The overall package should also be good: from connecting to audio sources till the battery life, these aspects should be more than sufficient.
The Bluedio T5 is shipped in a black box.
- Package size (L x W x H): 23.30 x 23.00 x 6.00 cm / 9.17 x 9.06 x 2.36 inches
- Package weight: 0.6230 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 19.00 x 19.00 x 9.50 cm / 7.48 x 7.48 x 3.74 inches
- Product weight: 0.3440 kg
Does it fit your mailbox?
What’s in the box
In the package the following items can be found:
- One Headphone
- One USB to USB Type-C Cable
- One 3.5 mm to USB Type-C Cable
- One carrying pouch
- English user manual
The main features as stated on Gearbest:
- The vent hole on the headphone back cavity can exhaust gas which affects sound quality, so that the front and back cavity air pressure balance and the headphone can output deep and powerful bass, and brings you more shocking experience.
- Uses Type-C interface, supports charging and data transmitting
- Adopts 57mm drive units to enable the bass powerfully
- Has the active noise canceling technology to bring you crystal-clear sound
- Adopts exquisite laser carving techniques, which have strong wear resistance
Build Quality & Design
Although they are very similar, the T5 is even better looking than the T4S (in my humble opinion). This is because the large part of the headphones is black.
The build quality of the T5 is also similar to the T4S, but I found two things I disliked: the earpads sometimes pop of when handling the headphone. Next to that, I like the fit of the T4S on my head a bit better than the fit of the T5. It feels a bit less tight which has influence on the passive noise canceling. But this is nitpicking, it is still a great headphone.
When compared to the Bose QuietComfort 35 II, the Bluedio T5 feels much more durable. This has to do with the weight and the material used, which makes the T5 feel more solid.
Heath / Power consumption /Noise
The specified battery life of 25 hours is a good estimate of the actual battery life. I ended up above the 20 hours before recharging but I did not use the headset continuously. Charging time is about 2 hours.
As we expected from Bluedio, the T5 comes well equipped with accessories and well protected in the cardboard box. Both the USB-C charging cable and the 3.5 mm audio cable are of good quality. The carrying pouch is ok, but I think the headphones need a firmer carrying case to keep them well protected during travel.
The Bluedio T5 earpieces feel very comfortable. They are a bit bigger than the earpieces of the T4S, which makes them nicer to wear, especially for a longer period.
The size of the headset band can be adjusted on both sides.
On the right earpiece all the buttons, the microphone, and led sensor are located, see the picture below for an overview. Switching the headset on and off and to put the device in Bluetooth pairing mode, you use the MF button. Also, calls are accepted (press once), ended (press once) and refused (hold for two seconds) by the MF button. The Active noise canceling has its own switch on the side of the earpiece. When the ANC function is activated this is indicated by a green led light.
Where you all here for: the sound quality is very good. The sound is much clearer than the sound of the T4S, which is more focused on lower sounds and bass. So, unless you are only listening to hip-hop or R&B the T5 is a better option than the T4S. For Pop, Rock, Dance, Soul, Jazz and everything in between the T5 is a better option. The bad news: the sound quality becomes less when you switch on the Active noise canceling. At that moment, the low tones are reduced and the music becomes shallow. The noise canceling function itself performs better than on the T4S (so noise is better canceled out). The call quality is also good and can be compared to the quality of the T4S.
pro / cons
- Good, solid design.
- The sound quality is very good.
- Active noise canceling reduces the low tones.
- Earpads slight off a bit to quickly.
The price quality of the Bluedio T5 is just as good as the T4S, even when you won’t use the Active noise canceling. The sound quality is good and the headset is very comfortable.
Even when taking into account the Active noise canceling it is still good: it not majorly changes your audio, it just dims the lower tone a bit.
Great headphones that you can wear very comfortable for many hours and have good audio quality. The only major con is that the low tones change when turning on active noise canceling. If you already own a T4S you don’t need to switch unless you really don’t like its strong bass.