When you want to make you home smarter and step into the world of home-automation (domotica) it a little bit overwhelming. There are several systems to buy or download: Commercial systems like Homey, Homewizzard or Fibaro Homecenter. Or other software projects like Home-Assistant, Openhab, Jeedom or Domoticz.
This is just a small selection of the platforms available. There are too many!
Why do we choose for Domoticz?
- It’s only software. But cross-platform so you decide the hardware you install it on.
- It’s free because it’s opensource.
- Not depending on one specific brand or protocol.
- It’s easy. When installed you can configure it through the webpage.
- It also for hobbyists who want to script or program.
- It has a nice community.
- Your data is not shared with the cloud.
- Many automation options: timers, blocky, Lua, Python, bash etc.
- Besides the site which you can use on your phone, there are also some nice mobile apps.
Best places for more info about Domoticz are: