- 1 Shaving with a design gadget.
- 2 Expectations of the Xiaomi Mija Electric Shaver
- 3 Specifications
- 4 Test
- 5 Packaging
- 6 Features
- 7 Build Quality & Design
- 8 Portability / Mobility and Usability
- 9 Alternatives
- 10 pro / cons
- 11 Where to buy?
- 12 Xiaomi Mija 360 Degree Float Shaving Electric Shaver
Shaving with a design gadget.
Because I was looking for a replacement for my Philips electric shaver I found out that Xiaomi has also a shaver. And because most of the products of Xiaomi are good and the fact I really needed a new shaver, I bought it. But does it do the job? Let’s see if the Xiaomi Mija Electric Shaver is worth your money.
We made a one minute video of the shaver:
Expectations of the Xiaomi Mija Electric Shaver
I expect a small as possible “Apple stylish” white box with a good looking but simple shaver in it. Also, a product that doesn’t require written instructions to use it and has a good build quality.
Xiaomi Mijia Electric Shaver enjoys IPX7 certification and has a Fast-charge technology. I think this is the most important features.
Xiaomi Mijia Electric Shaver has an IPX7 certification, so I will use it under the shower.
What’s important to me? Things like noise, grip and handling, price and design.
Product weight: 0.1760 kg
Package weight: 0.3920 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 15.50 x 5.80 x 5.80 cm / 6.1 x 2.28 x 2.28 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 19.00 x 10.50 x 7.80 cm / 7.48 x 4.13 x 3.07 inches
What’s in the box
- Xiaomi Mija Electric Shaver,
- Charging Base,
- Cleaning Brush
● 3 blades, 360-degree float shaving
● Dicyclic knife net and dicyclic blade
● Acceleration gear, deep cleansing
● 3.9m / second cutting speed
● IPX7 waterproof characteristic
● Built-in lithium battery, charge for 2 hours and run for 60 minutes
● Material: steel, PPG
Build Quality & Design
This is the first product of Xiaomi that I own that is black! But wow! It’s not a cheap black plastic look, but a nice black coating that gives it a premium look. I also like the small and simple design of it. It looks solid and it really is.
Portability / Mobility and Usability
I thought that because of the shape and design of the Xiaomi Mija Electric Shaver doesn’t fit that nicely in my hands, but I was wrong!
There is only one way to put the shaver on the dock, but that’s not a problem because the USB cable is at the back of it. The product only ships
with a USB cable, but no power adapter is included. At first sight, it seems just impractical: I know no-one that has USB charging possibilities in his bathroom. However, it makes the product and charger lighter and better suitable for travel and provides the option to connect it to a power bank.
It will take about 120 minutes to fully charge the battery via USB using as a source a common charger for smartphone or power bank with power.
5V / 1A. The battery is a built-in lithium battery, which can last for 60 minutes at full speed (which cost 120 minutes to charge).
Two shaving speeds.
- 1: The standard mode
- 2: The accelerated mode, for the harder hairs
Switching is possible by holding the button for a second. The shaver memorizes your last choice when using it again another time.
The shaver has a high torque and a high rotation speed therefor the performance is stable. That is because it uses the Japanese engine MABUCHI MOTOR 260.
Offcource I could buy a Philips shaver at a local store, but I really like to try products that are not that well known (yet) within Europe.
pro / cons
- Two speed adjusted by long pressing on the power button
- Nice quality
- It works under the shower
- Good price
- 2 functions and Lock mode
- Can be easily cleaned
- USB charger and brush
- Long lasting and small time to recharge
- There are no instructions included in English (you won’t need them to use the product, but still)
- The shaver does not have a trimmer function
- No USB charger in the box only the cable and docking.
Where to buy?
This shaver can be bought on GearBest.